Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Assignment 2


Essay 1
Assignment 2

Today in class we worked on finding the “hidden” main idea in our stories.  Tonight I want you to think of another text (a movie, a song, a book, an essay, an article, a painting) that somehow helps you think about the idea you found in your story.  The point here IS NOT to think of a text that tells the same story, rather to find one that discusses the idea in your story.  (For example, if I tell the story of learning to chew gum and how difficult it was, I might think of the movie My Girl where the main character had to learn about death and what that concept really means.  Another example: If I write a story about my husband sinking in the mud, I might write about an episode of America’s Funniest Home Videos).
Please write two pages tonight about this other text, explain the story and use at least ONE DIRECT QUOTE from the text you are writing about.  You should use proper in text citation techniques and a works cited page (see link for MLA ). Finally, explain how this text gets you thinking about your main idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment